Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Remember


I wasn’t going to create an image for Illustration Friday this week but came up with this doodle. They Say that fish have a memory of 5 seconds, how they are able to figure this out is beyond me. So here is Mr Goldie and he has a string tied to his fin so he wont forget.

This image also reminds me of a little girl my wife and I saw by the pool while on our honey moon in Fiji. She was the cutest little Japanese girl she wore a face mask similar to that in the image, and little anime floaties, she would just swim back and forth accros the pool taking big comical breaths as she did. She look like on of those cuties anime characters – Hello Kitty.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Smile worthy!!! Very cute. Reminds me of Finding Nemo.

9:40 AM  
Blogger mike r baker said...

It's a cutie! I wonder if he'll remember why that string is tied to his fin?

10:15 AM  
Blogger This is Dandu said...

I guess they gave him few short words and asked him to repeat them - bait, cat, can. He looked interested for 5 seconds while he was still thinking they are going to feed him and then started swimming just like in your doodle. Then he thought he should tie a string to remind him never to trust people. Or cats for that matter. :)
Love the illo.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Greg Hartman said...

I sometimes think that having a fishes memory span would be nice...a good way to loose any accumulated baggage. They've recently come up with a drug to do just that for people who've been traumatized. Fun illo., he/she looks so happy!

3:36 PM  
Blogger megan jo said...

AHHH! So cute. I want floaties with him on it. The string cracks me up.

7:45 PM  
Blogger janie said...

Reminds me of Dora in Finding Nemo.
I like the clean lines you use.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Well, I never knew that little bit of information. This guy doesn't seem to mind his lack of memory retention. Nice job on the illustration!

5:46 AM  
Blogger chris chua said...

nice!!! cute facial expression!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Giselle Gonzalez said...

cute!

12:27 PM  
Blogger //Pernille said...

Very funny and cool illustrations! Love your blog and comments to each illustration.
Take care - Pernille

10:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

This is too cute steve! love it.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Duncan said...

What a cute goldfish, love those goggles.

12:25 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

Good one of the fish in the bubble!
Fish forget that they just had their grub - that is why you are told not to overfeed them!

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home