Thursday, May 03, 2007

Woman 2

Here is another attempt at the female form, I think I need to relax with my lines and exaggerate the natural curves of the female. I am in the habit of creating more stylised characters with proportions that are a lot more forgiving but as soon as I try to create more realistic characters the rules start to apply. I still think my major problem is my lack of life drawing skills, so I have started to look at real life references and the closest thing at hand are usually catalogues.





3 Comments:

Blogger megan jo said...

Hey cool! Big improvement. Her right hand side from the mid to top is lookin goooood. The little lines on the armpit and boobie add heaps. Like where you going with the legs.. but maybe need a softer touch still? Having said that... she's hot.

11:22 PM  
Blogger suzanne cabrera said...

Hi Steve- I happen to think that this girl is great as is, however, I completely understand how the rules change when you begin to try to be more realistic. It kinda stinks doesn't it?

I find it extremely hard to draw in that gray area between cartoon and realism.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mia Charro said...

Beautiful! great character! you have a very personal style :)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home